Ultrasonics (spring 2023)
MATR338 Ultrasonics, spring 2023
Scope: 10 cr
Lecturer: Prof. Edward Hæggström
M.Sc. Jere Hyvönen
M.Sc. Axi Holmström
Contact Jere Hyvönen with questions: jere.hyvonen(at)helsinki.fi
This class shows you what ultrasound can be used for. It is much more than baby images. We also show you the physics behind the ultrasonic interaction in both sensing and actuation applications.
Course duration: 17.1.2023-3.5.2023
Lectures: Tue 10.15-12.00 and Wed 12.15-14.00, D116, Physicum
Exercises/Demos: Wed 14.15-16.00, D117 Physicum
- Ensminger:”Ultrasonics: Fundamentals, Technologies, and Applications”, available as e-book through helka.
- Kino: “Acoustic Waves: Devices, Imaging & Analog Signal Processing”
- Kinsler et al.: “Fundamentals of Acoustics”
- Morse et al.: “Theoretical Acoustics”
- Laser Ultrasonics By C. B. Scruby, L. E. Drain
- Briggs: “Acoustic Microscopy”
23-03-2023 Demo exercise 4 added.
15-03-2023 No exercise session today!
15-03-2023 Demo exercise 3 added.
08-03-2023 Demo exercise 2 added.
28-02-2023 Wednesday’s 01.03.2023 lecture is cancelled.
23-02-2023 Exercise 5 added.
16-02-2023 Exercise 4 added.
09-02-2023 Demo exercise 1 added.
01-02-2023: Exercise 3 updated.
31-1-2023: Exercise 3 added.
25-01-2023: Exercise 2 added.
17-01-2023: Exercise 1 added.
First exercise session will be held on Wed 25.1.!
Demos: See schedule and lecture notes.